Cybersecurity and Strategic Studies
Rekrutacja na tę specjalność zakończona.
Zobacz, na które specjalności trwa rekrutacja: studia stacjonarne II stopnia
Rodzaj studiów:II stopnia (magisterskie uzupełniające)
Czas trwania studiów:2 lata (4 semestry)
The emergence of a universally accessible network—i.e. the Internet—with the emergence of a digital economy has created a number of serious challenges for information system support regarding secure decision-making, not only in enterprises but also in households. Since IT is in a state of flux, it entails the need for continuous verification of theoretical and practical solutions, as well as work on strategies for secure IT development. How are information systems designed and implemented? Is movement in cyberspace really dangerous? What needs to be done to (a) understand the nature of information technology and (b) to use it properly and safely? These and other questions will be answered in class by experts specializing in cybersecurity and strategic studies. The curriculum is conducted in English, which means you can improve your language skills and increase your chances of finding a dream job in an international environment.
Classes are held under the direction of Prof. Witold Chmielarz, author and co-author of more than 200 scholarly publications on IT systems design. Analyst, designer, developer and expert in the implementation of IT projects in Polish infotech companies, he is also a prominent specialist in the field of e-business (including electronic banking and analytical methods) and information systems design (including methodologies of client-tailored systems and the implementation of integrated systems).
You will acquire the following skills:
- how to identify and assess the opportunities for implementing management information systems (MIS) and security systems;
- how to analyze an organisation’s security systems and how to design MIS;
- how to use tools to prevent cyber-terrorism;
- how to manage projects including teamwork and IT projects, with particular emphasis on the conditions for their implementation;
- how to manage risk during information systems implementation;
- how to negotiate terms of IT project implementation and how to collaborate with partner companies during the implementation process;
- how to use modern information technologies and secure telecommunication;
- companies operating in Poland or abroad in the fields of security, management, information technology and sales;
- IT companies;
- banks (electronic banking and security applications);
- economic consultancy companies and departments (commercial use of information systems);
- self-employment, especially in relation to cyberspace.
- you will gain an understanding of the traditional, electronic, business and social aspects of contemporary information system security problems;
- you will learn modern techniques of information system security;
- you will be able to deploy MIS applications in your organization;
- as the curriculum is conducted in English, you will be able to improve your language skills and increase your chances of finding a dream job in an international context;
- you will be able to work in organizations that use or intend to introduce IT security strategies, such as finance, trade, service and production companies, as well central government bodies and local district authorities.
Dział Rekrutacji Collegium Civitas
tel. 22 656 71 89
pokój 1210, Pałac Kultury i Nauki, 12 piętro
plac Defilad 1, 00-901 Warszawa