Institute of Information Analysis in Collegium Civitas is a unique project, which aims to provide extensive training in the profession of the information analyst.
Information is one of the most valuable resource of knowledge-based economies. It allows to build a competitive advantage, expand the capacity to anticipate trends that protect the user from adverse developments happening in an unexpected manner, as well as to organize the surrounding reality by increasing the capacity to act in the given environment. However, to fully exploit collected information resources, we should gain control over them, have a deep understanding of the possibilities they offer, as well as be able to achieve synergies resulting from the aggregation of the data and information coming from multiple sources.
The assumption that guides the functioning of the Institute is to provide educational offer, which will enable the first and second degree study participants, as well as post-graduate students and workshop participants to acquire skills in the profession of the information analyst that provides abovementioned skills – and which seems to be increasingly sought in both the public and private sectors.
Qualifications and skills in this area can indeed be regarded not only as an independent profession, but also as an added advantage in the labour market – in the modern world it is difficult to find a profession, which does not require the collection, processing and drawing conclusions from information.
What distinguishes Institute of Information Analysis in Collegium Civitas?
• The only in Poland, practical program providing skills valuable in the labour market. Collegium Civitas in Poland is the only civilian university offering education in the field of information analysis methodology. The program includes both theoretical, methodological, and practical components, to explore real use of acquired skills.
• Best team in Poland, consisting of prominent researchers and practitioners in the field of information analysis and its practical application in public administration, as well as commercial enterprises.
• Building a specialisation profile across a broad package of core and optional subjects (200 items to choose from).
• Learning the specialized vocabulary in the field of political science, in English and other languages, through foreign language classes and elective courses taught in English.
• A wide range of postgraduate courses and training for individuals, as well as directed to companies and public institutions.
• Attractive extracurricular activities – participation in interesting conferences, guest lectures and seminars in CC and external events.
• Simple admission procedure. Based on the analysis of provided documentation and, in some cases, the interview.
• Competitive prices for studies at all levels of education.
• Institute headquarters based in the city centre.
• Acquiring contacts and experience needed in a future career in the government structures, international business and non-governmental organizations.
The management of the Institute of Information Analysis CC
Director of the Institute of Information Analysis – Krzysztof Liedel, with a PhD in security management, lawyer, a specialist in international terrorism and its combating. Intern at the National Center for Counter-terrorism in the USA. Former head of the Department for Counterfeiting the Terrorist Threats in the Public Security Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration, Director of the Centre for Research on Terrorism in Collegium Civitas, and lecturer at the University of Warsaw and Collegium Civitas. Deputy Director of the Department of the Non-Military Security.
Deputy Head of the Institute of Information Analysis, Paulina Piasecka, is a graduate of the Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw. Former chief specialist in the Department for Counter-terrorism in the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration. Deputy Director of the Centre for Research on Terrorism at Collegium Civitas. At the moment, head of the Department of Public Safety in the Department of the Non-Military Security. A graduate of many courses in the field of security, including the Comprehensive Security Responses to Terrorism program, organised by the US State Department.