KRG Poland, the Center for Terrorism Studies of Collegium Civitas and the Kurdish-Polish Foundation are pleased to invite you to the Third National Scientific Conference entitled
THE ROLE OF KURDS IN THE MIDDLE EAST
which will be held on May 14th, 2018 (9.00 am-17.30 pm) at Collegium Civitas in the Palace of Culture and Science, 12th floor in Lecture Theatre A.
The aim of the conference is the review of research and scientific reports from universities and non-academic units from across the country. It will enable the exchange of scientific achievements, experiences and views as well as the discussion and presentation of research results on the growing role of Kurds in the Middle East. The formula of the conference will be held in the form of presentations of individual scientific publications. The final stage of each presentation will be a discussion on its content.
The main scientific problem of the conference:
How do the Kurds influence the security sphere of the Middle East?
Suggested thematic blocks:
- Kurdish issue,
- Kurds in the fight against terrorism,
- the security system of the Iraqi Kurdistan,
- Kurds in international relations,
- interests of Poland and European Union in Kurdistan,
- economic and social problems of Kurdistan,
- the politics of Turkey, Syria, Iran and Iraq towards Kurds.
Applications must include first name, surname, affiliation, title of the speech plus abstract and must be sent by April 9, 2018 to: KonfKurd@gmail.com
Information on the acceptance of presentations and the conference plan will be published on March 19th.
No conference fee.
Information on the members of the scientific committee and the organizing committee will be completed in the coming days. We invite you to cooperate.
- Office of the Representative of Kurdistan Regional Government in Poland
- The Polish Forum of Young Diplomats
- Kurdish-Polish Foundation
- Center for Terrorism Studies of Collegium Civitas
- Studio of Kurdish Studies IO UJ www.kurdishstudies.pl
- Kurdish Information and Documentation Center