The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship (IACS) has been conducted since 2003 and was initially offered to and participated by member countries of the South West Pacific Dialogue (SwPD); Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Timor-Leste, and the host Indonesia
In order to deepen the awardees’ understanding of Indonesian arts and culture, and to enhance their skills for the final performance, awardees will be divided and assigned by the organizing committee to different art centers for the duration of approximately 3 (three) months. The arts centers are located in 6 (six) provinces, namely: Bali; West Sumatera; East Kalimantan; East Java; South Sulawesi and Yogyakarta.
Awardees will live within or around the arts center, allowing for the chance to experience the local heritage and interact with the local community. The synergy between theory and practices shared inside and outside the arts center would undoubtedly become the driving force for shaping international cultures and norms, and will eventually strengthen regional as well as global understanding and cooperation at a people-to-people level.
The non-degree arts and culture scholarship is offered for three months period of time, starting on 7 April to 16 July 2019
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities);
- A roundtrip economy class ticket;
- Accommodation (board and lodging);
- Local transportation during the program;
- Health insurance (limited).All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance;
- Monthly allowance of Rp. 2.000.000,- (+/- USD 140,-).
The requirements to apply for the schlarship are:
- Single, between the ages of 21-27 years old
- Have a high interest and talent in arts
- Have a good physical and psychologist condition
- Good English skill
- Arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program
- Able to follow the whole program, including the Orientation Program and Indonesian Channel
Any interested candidates could send the application directly or via post to the Indonesian Embassy, ul. Estonska 3/5, 03-903 Warsaw and by e-mail to: email@example.com before the 1st of November, 2018