Communique for students regarding prevention of the spread of COVID-19 virus within the Collegium Civitas community
With respect to our previous message sent on 10 March 2020 concerning the epidemiological situation in Poland and recent government decisions announced by the Prime Minister, Minister of Health and Minister of Science and Higher Education, the Rector and Rector’s Team are implementing precautionary actions as listed below.
Prof. Stanisław Mocek, Rector of Collegium Civitas
Dr Paweł Maranowski, Vice-Rector for Student Affairs
Communique regarding prevention of the spread of COVID-19 virus within the Collegium Civitas community.
- With respect to the decision of the Minister of Science and Higher Education all didactic classes (including language classes, student internships, and physical education) are suspended from 11 to 25 March 2020.
- Classes for full-time study courses, which were planned for 11-25 March will be rescheduled for the period around the summer exam session (8-19 June 2020).
- Classes for part-time study courses, which were planned for 21-22 March will be rescheduled during the summer exam session (27-28 June).
- A special team appointed by the rector is preparing a timetable for online classes.
- In the event of further suspension of study classes, Collegium Civitas will introduce online classes to enable students to complete their courses. E-learning classes are planned to start on the 26 March 2020 and continue until further notice.
- Until 25 March 2020 defenses of diploma theses are suspended. In the situations of further suspension of study classes, Collegium Civitas will implement online solutions to enable students to complete their courses.
- All events (meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops etc.) are cancelled until further notice. Suspension applies also to events organised by student organisations and science clubs.
Please note: In the event of further suspension of study classes at Collegium Civitas (as a consequence of government recommendations), we will inform you on the next steps that will enable you to complete your study course programmes.
Furthermore we inform that:
- Opening hours of Collegium Civitas Offices have changed (details: www.civitas.edu.pl/contact). We recommend, however, to limit personal contact and contact us via phone or e-mail.
- On the weekends 14-15 March and 21-22 March our offices and Collegium Civitas premises will be closed (elevators and staircase doors will be locked).
- Opening hours for the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs remain without change (Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 4 pm). Please take notice that contact will be possible only via online communicators or by phone. If you require to book a consultation please contact our Student Affairs Office via e-mail or phone.
- Consideration of student applications is done only via the electronic document system or by e-mails.
- Scheduled dates for reinstating your exams or credits for winter study session gets automatically extended by an additional 2 weeks.
- Scheduled dates for the submission of the final thesis for students who applied for extension of the due date gets automatically extended by 2 weeks without additional costs. You can continue to contact your lecturers via e-mails or other agreed means of remote communication.
- Students that enrolled in exchange programmes for example Erasmus+ can continue to plan their trips according to regular procedures. However, you need to be aware that those exchange trips might get cancelled or postponed should the epidemiological situation worsen.
Foreign students applying for Erasmus+ programmes should follow the standard application procedure but also be aware of the possible cancellation due to epidemiological risks.
Unusual, complicated or difficult to foresee reported issues will be resolved as soon as possible and with the individual approach. To report concerns and issues please contact our Student Affairs Office or Vice-Rector for Student Affairs. We remain at your disposal.
Please find attached the Directive of the Rector of Collegium Civitas No. 07/2020 from 11 March 2020 in regard to action taken to prevent the spread of the virus COVID-19 within the Collegium Civitas community.
Furthermore we remind you to familiarise yourself with the information about protective measures linked below: