Attention! Admission to this programme is closed.
See available programmes!
Degree:Master’s degree (graduate; Magister)
Language of instruction:English
Duration of study:2 years (4 semesters)
Field of study:Sociology
A master’s degree in sociology will allow you to deepen your interest in social issues while at the same time creating the chance to choose your own education pathway. If you are interested in society, culture, processes of change in the world, and solving practical social problems, Sociology is the right choice for you. In addition to the canon of sociological knowledge, the programme covers issues related to digital media communications, the analysis of contemporary social movements, public relations, lobbying and the representation of interests. Lectures are given by outstanding specialists in the social sciences comprising cultural sociologists as well as theoreticians and practitioners dealing with the media, social communication, market research, opinion polls, personnel management, and cultural events. They include Prof. Jadwiga Koralewicz Prof. Ewa Nowicka-Rusek Prof. Hanna Palska, Dr Małgorzata Budyta-Budzyńska, and Dr Marta Sałkowska. The curriculum is conducted in English, which means you can improve your language skills and increase your chances of finding a dream job in an international environment.
You will acquire the following skills:
- how to conduct market research and public opinion polls,
- how to use a variety of research techniques,
- how to interpret social phenomena,
- how to analyse data and write reports,
- how to use tools related to public relations,
- how to solve problems and social conflicts,
- how to communicate in a social setting.
- marketing firms;
- public relations agencies;
- media agencies;
- marketing, promotion and PR departments in businesses and public institutions;
- market research and opinion poll companies;
- personnel departments, personnel consultancy agencies, employment agencies, and headhunting firms;
- research, analytics and expert centres;
- public and government administrative organs;
- election campaign teams.
Collegium Civitas Admissions Office
phone: +48 22 656 71 89
room 1210, Palace of Culture and Science, 12th floor
1 Defilad Square, 00-901 Warsaw, Poland