Degree:Master’s degree (graduate; Magister)
Language of instruction:English
Duration of study:2 years (4 semesters)
Field of study:Sociology
If you are interested in society, culture, processes of change in the world, and solving practical social problems, Sociology is the right choice for you! Study at Collegium Civitas – modern, multicultural university in the heart of Warsaw, Poland! In addition to the canon of sociological knowledge, Sociology at our university covers issues related to digital media communications, the analysis of contemporary social movements, public relations, lobbying and the representation of interests.
Lectures are given by outstanding specialists in the social sciences comprising cultural sociologists as well as theoreticians and practitioners dealing with the media, social communication, market research, opinion polls, personnel management, and cultural events. The faculty includes: Prof. Jadwiga Koralewicz – renowned sociologist and Collegium Civitas President, Prof. Ewa Nowicka-Rusek, Prof. Hanna Palska, Dr Małgorzata Budyta-Budzyńska and Dr Marta Sałkowska. The curriculum is conducted in English, which means you can improve your language skills and increase your chances of finding a dream job in an international environment.
You will acquire the following skills:
- how to conduct market research and public opinion polls,
- how to use a variety of research techniques,
- how to interpret social phenomena,
- how to analyse data and write reports,
- how to use tools related to public relations,
- how to solve problems and social conflicts,
- how to communicate in a social setting.
- marketing firms;
- public relations agencies;
- media agencies;
- marketing, promotion and PR departments in businesses and public institutions;
- market research and opinion poll companies;
- personnel departments, personnel consultancy agencies, employment agencies, and headhunting firms;
- research, analytics and expert centres;
- public and government administrative organs;
- election campaign teams.
Collegium Civitas Admissions Office
phone: +48 22 656 71 89
room 1210, Palace of Culture and Science, 12th floor
1 Defilad Square, 00-901 Warsaw, Poland