Attention! Admission to this programme is closed.
See available programmes!
Degree:Master’s degree (graduate; Magister)
Language of instruction:English
Duration of study:2 years (4 semesters)
Field of study:International Relations
Do you plan your career in international environment? Can you see yourself working in European Union’s administrative structures? Would you like to be a diplomat? CC IR programme offers a unique opportunity for students who are developing such career goals in mind, to choose academic courses that suit their personal career path e.g. in diplomacy, international business or political consulting. The programme aims to prepare students for analytical research on structures, and key factors necessary to understand international dynamics. It explores the processes and conceptions behind international relations, analysing the role of states, multinational corporations, and international organizations. The programme focuses on issues vital for explaining overall global dynamics: security, human rights, terrorism, and globalization.
During the studies you will gain knowledge in:
- contemporary international relations
- international public law
- theories of international relations
- world history
- international economics
- contemporary international conflicts
- media’s and social media’s role in international relations and diplomacy.
You will gain practical skills in:
- analysing local and regional challenges along with their international outcomes from various perspectives
- critically assessing data, information and ideas
- using advanced IR terminology in speaking and writing
- conducting negotiations in an international milieu
- building and shaping relations in international environment.
- ministries (e.g. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of National Defence, Ministry of Interior and Administration, Ministry of Development);
- security agencies;
- government and local administration;
- European Union institutions;
- the media (press, television, Internet, radio);
- cultural and social institutions;
- departments for international cooperation in institutions and businesses;
- public institutions and companies engaged in international economic cooperation;
- international organisations and institutions;
- research, analytics and expert centres;
Collegium Civitas Admissions Office
phone: +48 22 656 71 89
room 1210, Palace of Culture and Science, 12th floor
1 Defilad Square, 00-901 Warsaw, Poland