Degree:Master’s degree (graduate; Magister)
Language of instruction:English
Duration of study:2 years (4 semesters)
Field of study:Sociology
In response to a growing interest in criminology as well as Polish and English criminal justice system, this innovative 2-year Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice provides an opportunity for students, or criminal justice professionals, to acquire sophisticated criminological knowledge and critically engage with current debates within criminology that impact upon the functioning of the criminal justice systems in many countries. This course will draw upon cutting-edge, internationally recognised research and equip students with the advanced understanding of crime, punishment and its alternatives, the workings of the criminal justice system and the delivery of criminal justice policies. In studying this discipline at postgraduate level students will also broaden their skills in research design and undertake original and empirical criminological research.
On completion of this programme, students will be able apply modern criminological knowledge and influence policies, practice of responding to crime in its international dimension.
- to conduct independent empirical research
- to write coherent, well-structured papers
- to prepare and present research findings, policy/practice recommendations in a creative and innovative manner
The course is designed to enhance your career prospects in various fields (including academic career) that aim to understand the functioning of the Polish/English criminal justice system and the policies that shape its nature and dynamics.
The goal of the course is to strengthen students’ employability in the following fields:
- Domestic criminal justice institutions such as police, courts, prosecution, probation, prison service, as well as social services and NGOs
- International institutions and organisations that look at criminological issues (e.g. Interpol, Europol, CEPOL, Amnesty International, Transparency International, UN Office of Drugs and Crime, International Criminal Court)
Collegium Civitas Admissions Office
phone: +48 22 656 71 89
room 1210, Palace of Culture and Science, 12th floor
1 Defilad Square, 00-901 Warsaw, Poland